DR. OCSAR OEDING specializes in Orthopedic Surgery — arthroscopic surgery and joint reconstruction; partial and total hip replacements; single and double knee replacements; arthroscopic surgery; rotator cuff, ACL and meniscal repair; treatment of De Quervain’s tenosynovitis; carpal tunnel release; sports medicine; removal of bone spurs, etc.; — at Hospital Clínica Bíblica in San José, Costa Rica.
He has years of experience performing surgery on and treating Americans, Canadians and Europeans (one third of his patients come from outside Costa Rica). As Dr Oeding himself puts it, his job is ‘doing my best to restore your former lifestyle’. Not only is Dr. Oeding an accomplished and highly acclaimed practitoner in the field of orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, he is also an extremely able communicator with a genuine and appreciate rapport with his patients.
LANGUAGES SPOKEN: English, French, Spanish
SPECIALTY: Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- 1984: Entered Medical School, Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia
- 1989-1990: Rotating Internship at the University Hospital in Barranquilla, Colombia
- 1991: Graduated from and certified as a surgeon at Universidad del Norte, Barranquilla, Colombia.
- 1992 to 1996: University of Costa Rica. Degree endorsed by San Juan de Dios Hospital, the Insurance Fund Social Development Center Strategic Information and Health and Social Security (CENDEISS) and the Foundation for Studies in Health Sciences (FUCODOCSA)
- 1997: Awarded medical degree from the University of Costa Rica
- 1997: Title recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Costa Rica
- Has performed more than 1,500 orthopedic procedures
- Arthroscopic Knee (Meniscal Repair) – 350+
- ACL Repair – 225+
- Total Knee Replacements – 400+
- Total Hip Replacements – 500+
- Shoulder Surgeries (arthroscopic and open) – 425+
CERTIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Costa Rican Association of Orthopedics and Traumatology
- International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Orthopedic Sports Medicine (ISAKOS)
- Latin American Society of Knee Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine (SLARD)
- International Affiliate Member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons